Sunday, May 6, 2012

Moving Day


I'm currently in the middle of moving off campus back to my parents' house for the summer. This is proving to be a very frustrating process. Here are seven things I've learned about moving.

1. My sister  and Dad are awesome. Sis is willing to help lift, carry, (four flights of stairs!) and help me out. Similarly, thanks Dad - willing to drive out and assist until ridiculous hours of the morning. Thanks Mom - you fed me when we stumbled back in the house at 2:30 am.  Yay for comfort food.

2. How did I get this much stuff?
Do my books spawn? True. My books are eating my room. (Fantasy, Sci Fi, Classics, Historical, Reference, Sefarim....)
Are my socks divorcing? Yep, and refusing to speak to their former zivug.
How did I end up with a violin? I don't even play the violin.  Oh, right. After breaking up with my last boyfriend I thought that getting a violin and learning to play would be much cooler than retail therapy. Then I realized I have to shlep a violin home too.

3. I'm waiting for some item to break. Since nothing has broken yet, I'm worried.
Please Gd, don't let this violin break before I even get the chance to play it!

4. In the dorm, I got used to having my own room. I had the amazing good luck to get a single this past year. I don't know what I did to deserve it, but am very grateful.
I have to share a room again now. I'm out of practice. >.<

5. I judge young men by their willingness to help me carry big, unwieldy objects. Let me explain: I'm tiny. Tiny girl carrying big box should get helped. If you, as a young man, walk past me and don't offer to help, I dismiss you as a gentlemen. I will turn down your offer because I can manage on my own, thanks. I do, though, note your willingness to offer. I'm short, not invisible. ;)

6. Never, never leave packing to the last minute again.  Pack in haste, organize at leisure.

7. Given my sudden allergy attack, I must be allergic to moving.  ;)




Night all,


Sparrow

2 comments:

  1. I totally get ya - 1) it's great to have ones own room (I have my own back home- oh the joys) 2) moving sucks. I do it a few times a year coz I also dorm away from home :-) 3) I'm loving the name and picture of ur profile - youre suh a cute little sparrow, I can just imagine you tweeting! gnyte x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LL, thanks! A few times? Ouch! So nice to hear, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments respectful.